Job Title: Soils/Concrete Technician
Reports To: Director of Testing
Is responsible for the day-to-day completion of work assignments related to field testing. The person needs to be reliable (responsibilities, tardiness, etc.) and have a good work ethic. They need to be able to cooperate with co-workers and clients and they also should be able to listen, understand and follow instructions. They must show respect for company property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Report Data in a complete, timely and understandable fashion.
- Ensure that all test equipment is functioning properly, maintained as required by company and/or manufacturer’s policy and that all calibrated equipment is within its calibration cycle.
- Cellular phones are to be worn at all times and calls are to be returned immediately.
- Communicate with the office advising him/her of current job status and locations as required.
- Ensure that project requirements are met and compliant with project specifications, requirements and company policies or procedures.
- Complete daily time and labor reports in accordance with company policy.
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner and return as required to office.
- Turn in reports and samples daily.
- Sign in and out nuclear devices daily.
- Proper attire to be worn (work shirt and work boots).
- When driving company vehicle follow all driving laws.
- Follow all company safety procedures and policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ability to read and write.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.